Little Gem

Buzzer
This post is 4694 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got my hands on this gem last week, 1969 AT1 looks to be original even has the tool kit !,wouldnt run properly when i got it, idle jet blocked & plate missing that hold the needle down was missing! :blink: .cleaned jet fitted plate & rnow runs like clockwork :D

I have another tank for it but my problem is i dont know wether to just clean it up or do a total rebuild on it :unsure: Its been covered in light machine oil & if you wipe it off the frame & chrome work look fine, what do you think lads ?

http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/mazz69_photos/Yamaha%20AT1%201969/

buzzer

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh you sweet thang! (The bike, not you).

If you do a full restore on it, it becomes just another in the long line of shiny toys with no history that you see around the shows (usually trailered in with carpets under their tyres).

Clean it, ride it, maintain it, let it's character build with the years.

Thats lovely, did you get it from yuniparts?

i wouldnt restore it either, it looks good enough to use as is, and has plenty of patina.

Hi Chris ,i bought it from a guy near Preston ,he had it for a while & done nothing with it! :rolleyes: He had a few old bike's he was selling.

I think i'm just going to clean it up & run as is

Buzzer

I reckon your right YPVS, just had a google & there a lot of old enduros in that film :o , no health & safety in those days for spectators ! :blink: , must get a copy of the film

Buzzer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online