Help with yamaha dt 125 supermoto 2007

This post is 4663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I've bought a yamaha dtr 125 2007 yesterday it just cut out totally wouldn't bump start so replaced with new battery and spark plug still nothing but a clicking sound please help and also how do you clean out the air filter please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I've bought a yamaha dtr 125 2007 yesterday it just cut out totally wouldn't bump start so replaced with new battery and spark plug still nothing but a clicking sound please help and also how do you clean out the air filter please

Could be a couple of things on the non starting side, the starter motor could be jammed, in which case if you use the wooden end of a hammer and tap the starter a few times it can sometimes free it, or if not try the starter motor relay,if this is clicking whilst you're trying to start it, it generally means it's buggered,this is usually a little box about twice the size of an oxo cube,under the tank or seat,but you'll need to refer to the manual as to where it is exactly,I'm not sure, as mine is a DT125R not an RE.

The air filter should slide out of the air filter box and is held on by either an m6 wingnut or a m6 nut(10mm)take the foam filter out wash it in warm soapy water, dry it, then do whats called 'priming' thats soaking it in 2t oil,then wringing out carefully so its just damp not soaking wet, then replace, back into the air filter housing.Hope this helps. ;)

Not too sure as to why it would suddenly cut out, or not start with a bump start mind :unsure:

Edited by NEV

Could be a couple of things on the non starting side, the starter motor could be jammed, in which case if you use the wooden end of a hammer and tap the starter a few times it can sometimes free it, or if not try the starter motor relay,if this is clicking whilst you're trying to start it, it generally means it's buggered,this is usually a little box about twice the size of an oxo cube,under the tank or seat,but you'll need to refer to the manual as to where it is exactly,I'm not sure, as mine is a DT125R not an RE.

The air filter should slide out of the air filter box and is held on by either an m6 wingnut or a m6 nut(10mm)take the foam filter out wash it in warm soapy water, dry it, then do whats called 'priming' thats soaking it in 2t oil,then wringing out carefully so its just damp not soaking wet, then replace, back into the air filter housing.Hope this helps. ;)

Hi thank you for the information I'll try that when I finish work and let you know how I get on Your help is much appreciated thanks again

Not too sure as to why it would suddenly cut out, or not start with a bump start mind :unsure:

my thoughts excatly ive rang yamaha and they said most probably fuel problems !!

my thoughts excatly ive rang yamaha and they said most probably fuel problems !!

[/quote

Hi all

ive now got a new problem!! the bike now seems like its seized up Eg back wheel not turning when trying to bump start and refusing to bump , after cleaning all the carb out and spark plug hoping this would sort out the original problem of mysteririously cutting out and not starting again even with bumping !!Any ideas folks would be appreciated !!!!

Sounds like you better take the head an barrel off to inspect it.

Daft question,but, you have been making sure theres 2 stroke oil in the bike? I say that because you saying it suddenly stopping, for no reason, plus the engine (possibly)seized, not able to bump start it, the oil pump not working?,enough 2t oil?, is something I'd deffinately check on.

Just a thought ;)

Daft question,but, you have been making sure theres 2 stroke oil in the bike? I say that because you saying it suddenly stopping, for no reason, plus the engine (possibly)seized, not able to bump start it, the oil pump not working?,enough 2t oil?, is something I'd deffinately check on.

Just a thought ;)

Hi thanks for all the help definately put 2 stroke oil in there and I was going to do the head but I think it's best the garage has it as I'm not totally sure on what I'm doing . Even though I won't like the garage price I expect !!!!!!

Hi cheers for the info I think it's way over my knowledge on bikes so garage job I think . I know I'm going to hate the bill though and thanks again .

Hi thanks for all the help definately put 2 stroke oil in there and I was going to do the head but I think it's best the garage has it as I'm not totally sure on what I'm doing . Even though I won't like the garage price I expect !!!!!!

Can you not get the garage to diagnose the problem without going through with the repair, as it MIGHT be something that you could repair yourself, without acrueing a big bill? Armed with a workshop manual, and some of the help in here,(once we know what exactly the problem is, that is) you'd be surprised at what you can achieve. ;)

Can you not get the garage to diagnose the problem without going through with the repair, as it MIGHT be something that you could repair yourself, without acrueing a big bill? Armed with a workshop manual, and some of the help in here,(once we know what exactly the problem is, that is) you'd be surprised at what you can achieve. ;)

Thanks and yes I think I'll go down that route first then I have just purchased the manuel so I'll get the garage to diagnose the problem then see if I can fix it and I believe with this forum I'll do it and yes doing it myself will definately be at a reduced cost thank you for your help I'll most probably need it in the near future I think regards Rachael

• 1 month later...

Thanks and yes I think I'll go down that route first then I have just purchased the manuel so I'll get the garage to diagnose the problem then see if I can fix it and I believe with this forum I'll do it and yes doing it myself will definately be at a reduced cost thank you for your help I'll most probably need it in the near future I think regards Rachael

Hi all just to let you know the outcome on my bike was a engine rebuild eg last owner took out the rubber in the carb which then blew and seized the engine so thanks for that much appreciated !! But thanks for all the help on here. Now I have a new bike pretty much

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online