sidestand bracket

Sjthjs
This post is 4699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I recently noticed that when I rest my xvs 650 on its stand, the bracket flexed slightly as it takes the weight. Dunno if its something I've just not noticed before or if its something I need to worry about. It only flexes slightly, not like its bending

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say mine flexes ALARMINGLY... But they all do that, so nowt to worry about.

Somewhere on the forum there is a photo of me doing that exact thing... or there was, at least. Threads have been disappearing.

Anyway, it was posed specifically for Goff :wub: , who was suitably impressed.

Dunno if I'd refer to her as 'gash', as I believe she's a FAR more sophisticated and empowered entity than the utterly dehumanising term 'gash' suggests.... But even the actual gash are impressed when I am thusly sat.

The trick is to have your leg(s) on the left side of the bike and either sit or recline in a manner that exerts a supportive pressure toward the right side, thus having minimal weight actually on the stand itself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online