xj6 wind noise

Paulp1001
This post is 4682 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I am a new member. I could'nt figure out how to introduce myself so i do it now.

I'm a born again biker from Essex and own a xj6.

The problem i have with it is the whistling noise coming from front mud guard.Can anyone

tell me if there is anything that can be done to stop it. I had an fz6 before this and there was

noise at all.

Regards

Paulp1001

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi paul,

My previous XJ6N had the roar too. Are you sure your noise is eminating from the mudguard? mine seemed to some from the airflow around the headlamp/instrument assembly.

To compare my XJ6S does not have this problem (yet).

There have been previous threads about this issue, might be worth having a search and see if anyone has any solutions. :)

If it sounds like a kinda low throaty induction suck noise then its normal-I noticed this right away on mines and posted up my worries on a couple of forums, the noise is air rushing through the plastic radiator cover and through the fins in the radiator itself-nothing to worry aboot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paulp1001,

I bought an XJ6-s diversion (bikini) last year and after 2 weeks of owning it i could also hear a noise from the front end of the bike, I found that it was a vibration from the front plastics above the speedo knocking against the front headlight cowling. Took bike into dealer and they 'sorted' it by putting some double sided tape to absorb the vibration where the 2 plastics were touching. I have had to redo this once since then as the noise came back. If you have the same issue be careful when removing the covers as they have a tendancy to snap when forced ;) If its something else sorry for the post.

N

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online