yzf 750r 1995

Ormer
This post is 4693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi as i say i am new here andlooking after advice

i have 1995 yzf 750r that has a flat spot between 3 and 4.500 rpm

i am just looking for some advice on possible fixes before i spend money on going to garage

it is pretty much standard bike

but has an end can that nobody seems to know anything about

it is a johnson that is carbon fibre looking

any information on exhaust or flat spot would be great

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi as i say i am new here andlooking after advice

i have 1995 yzf 750r that has a flat spot between 3 and 4.500 rpm

i am just looking for some advice on possible fixes before i spend money on going to garage

it is pretty much standard bike

but has an end can that nobody seems to know anything about

it is a johnson that is carbon fibre looking

any information on exhaust or flat spot would be great

thanks in advance

bump

bump

blimey that bump was a bit quick.

On the flat-spot issue, i'd say it's quite likely to be worn emulsion tubes. Does it start without choke?

google exup1000 for more model specific stuff.

GL

blimey that bump was a bit quick.

On the flat-spot issue, i'd say it's quite likely to be worn emulsion tubes. Does it start without choke?

google exup1000 for more model specific stuff.

GL

YES I WAS GETTING A BIT FRUSTRATED WITH IT

no never needed choke yet to start

also told today that a chance that it could be running to rich as it not needing choke and that it is a bit wet on exhaust

YES I WAS GETTING A BIT FRUSTRATED WITH IT

no never needed choke yet to start

also told today that a chance that it could be running to rich as it not needing choke and that it is a bit wet on exhaust

no choke to start = very likely to be emulsion tubes, which is very typical of these bikes. The carbs fitted to them are a pain in the arse. Be prepared for a lot of work if you do it yourself. Be prepared to pay lots to someone else if you pay them with limited results. Best to tackle it yourself, be methodical and become very knowledgeable about Mikuni Down-draught Constant Velocity carburettors.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem Pal, I am on my second set of stock Emulsion tubes on my YZF750, and am now looking at getting a set of replacement tubes from these guys.

www.factorypro.com/prod_pages/indexmake.html

I have tried eveything else, Jets, Needle heights replaced the Exup motor.. (and had the exup valve replaced by the dealer when I first diagnosed the problem - totally unnesasarily as the original part was fine - at great expense.. thank god Motorcycle Sh1ty went bust).... even took the Bike to PDQ for a full set up on the Dyno... 112 on the back wheel but still with an intermittant fault....

My Carbs have been off an on the bike more times than I can count ..... and only when I swapped the tubes out did the running improve for the 10k it took for them to wear oval...

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online