Fairy Jobmother

pilninggas
This post is 4721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Watching this now on C4.

The Fairy Jobmother was doing a mock interview with a middle-aged, long-term unemployed fellow:

Fairy jobmother: What is your biggest weakness?

[the bit in an interview where you respond to the interviewer by saying that your weakness is going to work to early, taking work home, enjoying meetings; the usual bull]

Middle-aged fellow: My biggest weakness, hmm, my sugar diabetes.

:D

I laughed myself silly, sugar diabetes, wtf?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Watching this now on C4.

The Fairy Jobmother was doing a mock interview with a middle-aged, long-term unemployed fellow:

Fairy jobmother: What is your biggest weakness?

[the bit in an interview where you respond to the interviewer by saying that your weakness is going to work to early, taking work home, enjoying meetings; the usual bull]

Middle-aged fellow: My biggest weakness, hmm, my sugar diabetes.

:D

I laughed myself silly, sugar diabetes, wtf?

Not too sure what point your trying to put over here pilninggas, I think you're trying to make out that people with diabetes are malingerers? well I too have diabetes, fair enough, not the type where you have to inject yourself every day, but I do have to take 3 blood tests, everyday (myself) to check it doesn't get too high, and also take a shit load of medication for it. Mine comes with it's own leg ulcer (see pics) that doctors seem a little concerned about, as if it gets much worse, there may be a possibility I'll have to have an amputation below the knee, great ey? but not to worry though, as I can have my car/bike converted so I can still drive, the only thing I've got to worry about is not doing very well in arse kicking competitions.

"Ah but you probably brought it on yourself" I hear you say," bet he gets through 5 big bottles of coke, 3 or 4 cakes, pizzas, numerous packets of crisps, all day and everyday" .........nope!!! I contracted mine through having to take very strong steroids, for a blood disorder called ITP, (google it, basically it's very similar to Leukemia, infact I've been having chemotherapy, as treatment for it)

I won't even bother go on in detail about the 3 previous heart attacks I've had, only to say you don't get a sign grow on the top of your head, saying so, just 3 large scars on your heart, that you can only see with a scanner. Plus the stent they inserted into a main artery there.

But I probably would agree, that if you were to see me working on a bike, you'd probably think " theres f*ck all wrong with that bloke"

Theres an old adage about not judging someone till you've walked a mile in their shoes, trust me you wouldn't want to be in my size 11's right now.

img0086e.th.jpg

img0087fl.jpg

Still laughing yourself silly? My biggest weakness? take yer pick

Not too sure what point your trying to put over here pilninggas, I think you're trying to make out that people with diabetes are malingerers? well I too have diabetes, fair enough, not the type where you have to inject yourself every day, but I do have to take 3 blood tests, everyday (myself) to check it doesn't get too high, and also take a shit load of medication for it. Mine comes with it's own leg ulcer (see pics) that doctors seem a little concerned about, as if it gets much worse, there may be a possibility I'll have to have an amputation below the knee, great ey? but not to worry though, as I can have my car/bike converted so I can still drive, the only thing I've got to worry about is not doing very well in arse kicking competitions.

"Ah but you probably brought it on yourself" I hear you say," bet he gets through 5 big bottles of coke, 3 or 4 cakes, pizzas, numerous packets of crisps, all day and everyday" .........nope!!! I contracted mine through having to take very strong steroids, for a blood disorder called ITP, (google it, basically it's very similar to Leukemia, infact I've been having chemotherapy, as treatment for it)

I won't even bother go on in detail about the 3 previous heart attacks I've had, only to say you don't get a sign grow on the top of your head, saying so, just 3 large scars on your heart, that you can only see with a scanner. Plus the stent they inserted into a main artery there.

But I probably would agree, that if you were to see me working on a bike, you'd probably think " theres f*ck all wrong with that bloke"

Theres an old adage about not judging someone till you've walked a mile in their shoes, trust me you wouldn't want to be in my size 11's right now.

img0086e.th.jpg

img0087fl.jpg

Still laughing yourself silly? My biggest weakness? take yer pick

Definitely not having a go at diabetes, far from it.

If you were interviewed and asked what your weaknesses were, you'd trot out the 'never leave work on time', 'do to much' etc, whatever it takes to get the job. At no point would a medical ailment be something either given in the answer or expected by the interviewer. It was just he didn't know what to say and for some obscure reason felt that was appropriate to say.

To be fair he had no idea what to say or how to act at interview until she had pointed him in the right direction and bore no relation to any illness he had.

I found it funny for the reason that it was a totally outlandish answer that was not what i (or she was expecting), if it caused offence well i apologise, i don't find diabetes funny.

Definitely not having a go at diabetes, far from it.

If you were interviewed and asked what your weaknesses were, you'd trot out the 'never leave work on time', 'do to much' etc, whatever it takes to get the job. At no point would a medical ailment be something either given in the answer or expected by the interviewer. It was just he didn't know what to say and for some obscure reason felt that was appropriate to say.

To be fair he had no idea what to say or how to act at interview until she had pointed him in the right direction and bore no relation to any illness he had.

I found it funny for the reason that it was a totally outlandish answer that was not what i (or she was expecting), if it caused offence well i apologise, i don't find diabetes funny.

Fair play, pilninggas, appreciate your response, and maybe I got overdefensive also, but due to a few, *rseholes trying to buck the system, many genuine people do tend to get tarred with the same brush, so to speak,and yes the government is right to root the bad ones out,it's just that some genuine people are also paying the price, you read about it every day.

Fair play, pilninggas, appreciate your response, and maybe I got overdefensive also, but due to a few, *rseholes trying to buck the system, many genuine people do tend to get tarred with the same brush, so to speak,and yes the government is right to root the bad ones out,it's just that some genuine people are also paying the price, you read about it every day.

NEV, no problem, after i posted it i wondered if it might be mis-interpreted. The guy was just so funny, he had no idea of how to handle himself professionally or socially. It was nothing to do with his illness, just his idiosyncrasies.

She did manage to show him how to handle himself in the end, he was motivated by his daughter getting employment and got himself a job.

I got the joke and understood where you were coming from. Not the thing you say at an interview for a job! My other half was watching it yesterday and I caught glimpses of it.

Just to make sure that I am not misinterpreted, I am presently working in a hospital. I am working on Orthotics/Prosthetics and MRI scanning projects and before that spent the last 18 months working on Chemo/Radiotherapy/palliative projects. As a biking smoker I find that quite funny. One thing I do know is that, since the completion of the Chemo/radio project, people who live in my hospital's catchment area have fantastic access to the best treatment in this country. It should be the best, I spent £21.6 million quid on it last year. Looking to do the same for the current project, if I can can squeeze some cash out of the NHS Trust.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online