Lack of power after running awhile

Hambo57
This post is 4713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, My name is Hambo and I am having problems with my 1983 XS400 Maxim. Ive had it for 10 years with no major problems. I use it as a back up when my other bigger bikes get issues. So as you can imagine it sits for months at a time exept the occasional start up every 2 weeks. My problem is after I ride it for about 8-10 miles it loses power and will not go over 30-40 mph, Ive cleaned the carbs thoroughly(complete breakdown),dumped tank and added new gas, changed the oil and plugs every year, new coils and voltage regulator, new battery(AGM) this year but I cannot figure it out. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks, Ill give a shot tomorrow

Well I went exactly 9.2 miles just like yesterday and it lost power so i opened the gas cap and.......nothing. Still no power on the way home. Feels like its starving for gas and pops a little but no change.Im baffled!