Mikuni BS 32 carbs

Garygazza
This post is 4716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an 78 XS250 with Mikuni bs32 carbs fitted and have the right hand cylinder running weak.I found on strip down of the carb the left and right hand carbs have different main nozzles fitted but the needles are the same.Not sure if this is causing the issue but I would like to start with a clean slate and have the same fitted.The bike idles and revs ok and gets up to speed fairly quickly despite a 14 stone lump parked on the seat,it tends to loose speed when takling an incline.Does anybody know of anyone who sells replacement parts for the bs32 carb as the parts I require are obsolite.Is the part I require cross reference to another bike?The part numbers are 341-14941-90 Noozle main(y-0) and1m0-14116-01 Needle(4z1-4).many thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yamaha always fitted different size jets, they must test the engines at manufacturing stage and offset any descrepancies.

try Allens preformance, granby's, motocarb, nrp

Im now getting confused!!According to tne yamaha parts book I have the correct nozzle is a y-0.The haynes manual says x-6?

Im now getting confused!!According to tne yamaha parts book I have the correct nozzle is a y-0.The haynes manual says x-6?

in my parts book it says X-8 for '78 xs250 type 1U5

in my parts book it says X-8 for '78 xs250 type 1U5

pilot error my haynes manual says x-8 not x-6 as I said previously.My parts book covers xs250s type 1u5 and xs360 type1u4.It list a y-0 for the 250 and x-6 for the 360.I think adjusting the needle might be the way to go,a bit less confusing :)