Lowering (79 XS750)

Doctor Miracle
This post is 4730 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1979 XS750. It was a great deal so I had to buy it. But it is a little too tall. By a little I mean a lot. I'm about 5'8" and it's keeping me on the tip of my toes. I tried adjusting the rear springs but that did absolutely nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a lower profile seat but I would not even know where to begin to find one. Maybe some aftermarket rear suspension. Again, don't know where or what, or what combination I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 1979 XS750. It was a great deal so I had to buy it. But it is a little too tall. By a little I mean a lot. I'm about 5'8" and it's keeping me on the tip of my toes. I tried adjusting the rear springs but that did absolutely nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a lower profile seat but I would not even know where to begin to find one. Maybe some aftermarket rear suspension. Again, don't know where or what, or what combination I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I reckon if you hang on for oldgitonabike to come on, he'll more than likely be able to help you, he'll have some shoes he's kept back from the late 70's, do just the job. :blink:

shoesm.png

i would be a little careful when altering suspension height, the bike is shaft drive so changing that too much may louse that up, Take the seat to a good upholsterer they should be able too take a chunk out of it for ya

Merv