need help pleasee dt50

kyle_95
This post is 4732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there, im kyle, recently i have bought a Yamaha DT50 SM, but i got it cheap because its not running properly, the problem is, when the bike bump starts (only way it starts because the battery is dead)and then when it does, the bike moved really really slowly... im not sure whats wrong with it, but my dad thinks it could be something cogging up because it will randomly gain power, if you dont understand what i mean watch this video :D

need help asap please thanks alot, kyle :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have tried new plugs, i got a new one today and made sure it was sparking, i used the ngk website to make sure it was the right one, whats a pv? :huh:

i have tried new plugs, i got a new one today and made sure it was sparking, i used the ngk website to make sure it was the right one, whats a pv? :huh:

A power valve, if it has one it will need a good battery to operate it,

i had to take the battery off today, as i only got it yesterday and the battery was flat, would it make a diffrence if i had the battery on it? :blink:

ok the bike does run after a bump start but at a low rev at full throttle, it wont tickover at all, let go ov the throttle and it dies,, but does on an occassion actually try to start to try to go wiv anger for a few seconds but then slows down again to walking speed ,,, ive cleaned the carb,cheked the exhaust wasnt blocked etc,,, changed sparkplug,,,, it hasnt pv,, by the way

kies dad :-)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online