Newbie!

reddevilsjp
This post is 4732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I have just signed up to the Y.O.C.

I am thinking of buying a Yamaha YZF-750R which is a 96N plate.

Just taking my full bike licence after over 20yrs off a bike and coming back from the dark side of cars.

Can anybody recommend a cheap method of checking up on a bikes history as I did an HPI check and it came back as a Yamaha Cherokee and not the YZF I was expecting.

Thanks for listening,

Si

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am thinking of buying a Yamaha YZF-750R which is a 96N plate.Can anybody recommend a cheap method of checking up on a bikes history as I did an HPI check and it came back as a Yamaha Cherokee

becareful theres a lot of cowboys out there. :lol:

Hello all,

I have just signed up to the Y.O.C.

I am thinking of buying a Yamaha YZF-750R which is a 96N plate.

Just taking my full bike licence after over 20yrs off a bike and coming back from the dark side of cars.

Can anybody recommend a cheap method of checking up on a bikes history as I did an HPI check and it came back as a Yamaha Cherokee and not the YZF I was expecting.

Thanks for listening,

Si

Try this mate, it isn't a HPI Check site, but if you put in your registration of your bike, it will tell you the model etc, plus as an added bonus, what oil is reccomended for your bike, hope it helps.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7044829

Oh and btw, you might find introducing yourself in the new members threads, a brief intro, pics etc, might get a few more responses ;)

Hey, You can get a cheap check for about £4 (mycarcheck in google) and it will confirm the make, model, engine number, frame number, stolen, write off etc. This should be cool for a bike of this age. Anything newer and RAC do a full HPI (cheaper than HPI strangely!) for about 12-14 quid depending if there is an offer on and this will give you the all important finance check. If it turns out that their info is wrong they also pay you back the money you paid for the bike should you need to claim.

Adam_Fozz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online