battery advice

guyster1973uk
This post is 4718 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks. i own a ybr 125 bike 06 plate and the battery is not holding a charge so im gonna get a new battery and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the new gel battery's used in 07-onwards will be ok for my bike? im not sure if their diff voltage diff ampage or diff connectors to the old battery. its currently got the old traditional battery in it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well personally not knowing too much about the modern bikes i cannot really say yes or no, but check the amperage voltage will have to be 12v i am sure then it is just a matter of if it fits into the battery box, i think if you search hard enough online there are web pages that give you the dimensions of batteries etc so a little resarch there will tell you

Merv

• 2 weeks later...

Well personally not knowing too much about the modern bikes i cannot really say yes or no, but check the amperage voltage will have to be 12v i am sure then it is just a matter of if it fits into the battery box, i think if you search hard enough online there are web pages that give you the dimensions of batteries etc so a little resarch there will tell you

Merv

thanks for the advice mate. i phoned yamaha dealer near to me they wanted 60 quid for a gel battery for my bike (which i thought was expensive) i then phoned a another bike shop they wanted 30 quid for 1(which i was going to buy). i was told by a neighbour about a local motorbike scrapyard so i phoned them said i need a gel battery for a 06 ybr they said yeah we just got a 07 ybr in yesterday battery(YUASA YTX7L-BS) is fine holding a charge so i got the battery for 10 quid!! took it home installed it and bike fired up no problem. no more having to jump start it from car battery lol

Hi . i have a gel battery in my DT , original battery was 6v 4amp the gel on is 6 3.8amp . the dimentions are diffrent so had to mount on side ( data sheet with battery said mountable anyway.) it seem to charge ok had to change terminals on power cables , at least i haven't got to top up fluid every few months.( got from electrical wholesalers) :)

in the gel battery world diffrent manufacturers of the same size battery are always slightly diffrent in capacity, we use a lot of them at work and come accross this a lot, battery will be fine .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online