Drag Star 1997 XVS 650 Fuel Cap

xinchao
This post is 4738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there,

I'm looking for a fuel cap for my XVS 650 (1997 model) I'm finding it very hard to find one.

i was driving along yesterday and it flew off as i was driving, the spring broke of the release mechanism,

hopped along the road and into the ditch by the time i pulled up and ran back i couldn't find it, gone forever...

That's what you get for not fixing the damn thing in the first place. I looked up wemoto.com and mandp.co.uk

and they don't have them in stock. It's a rare enough item i would imagine. So hence why i am here now.

Any advice of where to look?

I know in the states that V-star is the equivalent of the drag star, but my model is 1997 and it only came out there in 1998. The petrol is evaporating as i speak....

Thanks,

Kevo...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can get them via your local Yamaha dealer for only.......wait for it, wait for it.......£99.02 :o:o:o

You might have to search the breakers for a secondhand tank, be a bit cheaper, but maybe not by much.

Thanks mate,

Yeah I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact i might as well bend over and take the pain

as it were and shell out that kind of cash. I love dragstars but man parts are really difficult to get, in my experience.