sr250 help

burkejt1
This post is 4756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm having problems with my '81 sr250, I had had it running great and then I had problems with it starting, I can push start it OK after a few tries, and I do not have a kickstarter installed, the last time I had it running from a kick start it was running lean, and I figure this would be due to a problem with the mixture screw which I have yet to mess with. When I try to start the bik it wil turn over but will not fire, I was wondering if this would all be due to a problem with the mixture screw or wat else it could be any help would be great!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm having problems with my '81 sr250, I had had it running great and then I had problems with it starting, I can push start it OK after a few tries, and I do not have a kickstarter installed, the last time I had it running from a kick start it was running lean, and I figure this would be due to a problem with the mixture screw which I have yet to mess with. When I try to start the bik it wil turn over but will not fire, I was wondering if this would all be due to a problem with the mixture screw or wat else it could be any help would be great!!!

sounds like it needs a tune up! and maybe a new battery

I set the cam chain and the pistons to the right gaps and also checked the timing and it is right where it needs to be I have had the baterry on the carger and it is pretty new and I have cleaned the carbs, so its been pretty tuned up new spark plug correctly gapped and its getting a good spark and I have had it running it just wont fire, I've heard the wrong air mixture to cause this, but I wanted to get any feedback possible

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online