Tubeless vs Standard tires

Kelum
This post is 4762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had to replace the rear tire today...it was a bit tough to find 15- 130/ 90 tire here since all the tire stores were flooded with 17 size Indian tires. I bought a Korean tire which cost me almost 80 USD and had no option to chose from.

It was a tubeless tire and the shop guy asked if It was ok to make rear tire tubeless, I had this feeling it would be something superior so I said yes..now the rear is tubeless. I read some advantages on the internet.

What do you guys think, tubeless over standard? Have I been dumb? :oB)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if your wheels normally have a tube in them, get a tube fitted in your tubeless tyre!

I have one in mine as the wheels are designed to take only tubes. (rim profile is different)

My bike's rims do not have spokes..so they are compatible with tubeless tires. But I have seen many stupid Indian bikers here riding tubeless...no issues..

I even have seen when they get punctures fixed...it doesnt take long as with the standard tube tires..very efficient..

My bike's rims do not have spokes..so they are compatible with tubeless tires. But I have seen many stupid Indian bikers here riding tubeless...no issues..

I even have seen when they get punctures fixed...it doesnt take long as with the standard tube tires..very efficient..

nothing to do with spokes,as I have said before; its the rim profile that keeps the air in.

after all GS BMW's have spokes and tubeless tyres!

nothing to do with spokes,as I have said before; its the rim profile that keeps the air in.

after all GS BMW's have spokes and tubeless tyres!

I said so because here people say you could only make spokeless rims tubeless. That's an interesting thing to know. ;)

Consider the tyres as well as the rims. Some tyres are tube only, some are either and some are non tube fitment. The inside of a tubeless may be very rough which would burst a tube in short time. Also fitting a tube to a tubeless would probably overheat the tyre resulting in the tube failing. Rims vary and not all non spoke rims can take a tubeless due to the shape (as previously mentioned) or being porous and leaking air. If fitting tubes always go for the correct gauge as a tube that the too heavy duty can result in excess heat causing the tube to fail. There may be illegal tyre mixes as well depending on local laws in mixing radial and cross ply tyres.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online