Yamaha DT200 WR (1992)

JacksmithxD
This post is 4682 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you can tell from my posts i'm new!

I've just bought myself a 1992 Yamaha DT200WR Road registered with only 13000KM (mint condition) (theres a big difference between DT200 and WR btw) anyways i'm just wondering is there anything i can do to make it a little quicker ;)

Apart from FMF racing exhaust and reeds? I've heard of stan stephens but not sure about it.

Is there anything i can do?

(Any ideas if it can be supermoto'd easy?)

Thanks to anyone that replys and i'm sorry if it's in the wrong place! :)

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jacksmith, I have a 1993 DT200wr and it has been supermoto'd (160 rear & 120 front). I've had a go on an original one (with knobblies) and mine is better :D. I run a 14 tooth front sprocket and have kept the rear standard. I do reckon that you should run a 150 rear (otherwise the chain takes gert lumps out of the tyre!) Brilliant bike mines good for about 90mph (tucked in).

Have fun.

Decent exhaust, stage 3 road tune not race tune(will give better top-end longevity), rejet the carb. It might be worth finding out what airbox mods are needed too, if any.

Bob Farnham and Graham File are 2 other tuners you could contact.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online