Crashed my R125, advice/mechanic needed

Clarkey
This post is 4771 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all..

Very glad to be on here.

I recently crashed my black and yellow R125 and am now fully recovered.

The right side is rufled up... the brake lever is severly bent.. the gear lever is slightlty bent also (i think the recovery done it)

Also i have no more front indicators...

THe side is grazed a lot... i thnk i got the worse of it

Other than that.. the bike is as sexy as ever.

Anybody in the central lodon area or a guardian PLEASE to help me grectify this for the sun which is streaming through the window. Iv been of work since, so my budget isnt too ohigh also.

I doubt im gonna get anything faster. The crash scared me a little. I think i'll abuse the power of a bigger engine.

Anybody.. please, help me out... Reccomend somthing to me. ANYTHING... its just sitting there...LOL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey there, really sorry to hear you crashed your bike. I also have a yellow R125. I'm no mechanic so can't help you but it sounds like you will be needing new parts which won't come cheap...I had slightly bent the gear lever last week and the replacement cost £45 (from Infinity Motorcycles). Luckily, I managed to repair it myself with tools. Mind telling me how you crashed it? I'm a fairly new rider, would be good to learn from others...Thanks

Hey there, really sorry to hear you crashed your bike. I also have a yellow R125. I'm no mechanic so can't help you but it sounds like you will be needing new parts which won't come cheap...I had slightly bent the gear lever last week and the replacement cost £45 (from Infinity Motorcycles). Luckily, I managed to repair it myself with tools. Mind telling me how you crashed it? I'm a fairly new rider, would be good to learn from others...Thanks

Thanx for the reply.

Where can i find Infinity Motorcycles.

You near London, i might need help puttin mine on also.

Crash was as follows.

Riding late nitght through Old Street. A Lady rushes to beat the lights.../ sees my lights and just freezes in the middle of the road. I pressed my brakes HARD. Bike skidded and went down to one side. dragged me a fair bit.. .HIT the lady (who was still frozen in shock).

She came off with minor injurys... i hhurt my hip and back... the gear saved my skin...

Now my bike looks like 2face... one side nice... the other needing help.

Thanx for the reply.

Where can i find Infinity Motorcycles.

You near London, i might need help puttin mine on also.

Crash was as follows.

Riding late nitght through Old Street. A Lady rushes to beat the lights.../ sees my lights and just freezes in the middle of the road. I pressed my brakes HARD. Bike skidded and went down to one side. dragged me a fair bit.. .HIT the lady (who was still frozen in shock).

She came off with minor injurys... i hhurt my hip and back... the gear saved my skin...

Now my bike looks like 2face... one side nice... the other needing help.

OUCH!! Hope you're alright now. I nearly did that when a 4x4 pulled out in maybe 2-3 metres in front of me and I braked hard. The front end wobbled like crazy and the back felt slippery. But I held it ou and ever since I have been practicing stopping in short distance. But hey, don't let a crash pull you away from bikes...you will only get better with experience, no? ;)

Here's Infinity website: http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/service/genuine_parts.asp for genuine yamaha parts and I believe they do repairs..but I think it will be costy with them.

When I said I repaired it myself, I meant without the replacement part...I only got a quote for it. The actual "handle" is steel I think, so tried to bend it outwards with tools and it worked (it was bent inwards and didn't allow me to shift down). In other areas I;m sure my mechanic skills would fail me...hehe Let us know how the repairs go!

Yeh defo I will...

I'm gonna try the tools then (",)

Get some Johnny Bravo action going.

Thanx for the advice though. It's very much appreciated.

What do u suggest for the scuffs on the body part though....?

I'm gonna order new indicators... But those three will get the bike bak to looking good

Yeh defo I will...

I'm gonna try the tools then (",)

Get some Johnny Bravo action going.

Thanx for the advice though. It's very much appreciated.

What do u suggest for the scuffs on the body part though....?

I'm gonna order new indicators... But those three will get the bike bak to looking good

More like tool....I used a spanner like this one http://www.splat-world.com/topmarks/images/spanner.jpg (I'm a girl, don't know what it's called lol)

Dunno about the scuffs though..it's plastic. I doubt you can fix that, only replace it. I'm considering to buy crash protectors for my bike to avoid your situation. I think in the end, the repairs would cost more than the protector itself. Anyway, good luck!

LMAO...

oh.. one of those..

im scared it might snap off though.

Guess im gonna go buy one and try.

I only jsut noticed your a girl aswell.. What made you get a bike...

I'll race you.. can you ride?LOL

nah.. im playing... its nice to meet you though.

as for me... ima guy. with no toolbox... but beleiveme.. im getting one soon.

Get the parts online as pattern parts. very much cheaper. Indicator, lever and pedals are easy to change.

Welcome to the forum.

:o !!! coming from someone who has just crashed....:P haha

I'm actually a car lover but I've been on the back of an R6 a lot and at high speeds (over 160mph) which got me excited about bikes. Of course the R125 is no where near as fast, but still fun.

I used my dad's toolbox...I don't intend on getting my own haha

Look after that bike!

LMAO...

oh.. one of those..

im scared it might snap off though.

Guess im gonna go buy one and try.

nah.. im playing... its nice to meet you though.

as for me... ima guy. with no toolbox... but beleiveme.. im getting one soon.

:o

I'd take it a wee bit slower Clarkey

Dirty DT..

Thanax for the website.. i checked it out.. but they dont ahave any levers available for my model yet.

I found one on ebay however.. but for the gear only... iv made a bid.. now just need to hunt a mechanic to fit it when it arrives. I may just go back to metroolis vauxhall and see if they know anybody..

Cheers for the help people.. im enjoying this forum already.

Question though,,

i have the 2010 black and gold/yellow R125.

im fooling couple friends by saying its a 600.

How do i make it look the part MORE though.. i want it all..

im gonna put my car away this summer and its just me and SLOW riding... im not coming off EVER again.

Arte there any good sites for my specific model i can look at for tips?

Here's a pic of a blue one 2001 Yamaha YZFR600

, see that big exhaust-thats the giveaway, butt all is not lost, you can order a 'big-fakie' from here ;)

http://bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/2074/biggest-pipes-you-ever-seen.html#

Here's a pic of a blue one http://www.flickr.co...keit1/93822363/

, see that big exhaust-thats the giveaway, butt all is not lost, you can order a 'big-fakie' from here ;)

Love yoshimura exhaust...shame they don't have one for r125 :(

Clarkey.

Did I read 3 crashes in 8 Months? Let me know when you are out next, I will take the bus ;)

Look here for parts LINKY

Were police called? If she was drunk like you said in your other thread, then shes might decide when shes sobered up to put a claim in, Sounds daft but it happens. Just cover yourself as much as you can mate.

She was liable... even when the police got involved, the witnesses were stating..

Im not too worried though. The police gave me her details incase i wanted more information.

Thankyou for the heads up fli...

David, i was within the speed boundaries, but accidents happen. Im just lucky i wasnt on my experimental days.LOL

Im gonna try fix what i can of it though.. If anyone is in the central london area and wants to help or educate... feel free to shout me. I should put pics up of all that also.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online