Leather tank covers

Sjthjs
This post is 4781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking for a full tank cover for my Dragstar Classic. I've seen loads of 'covers' that cover the speedo area, front to back, but I really want one that covers the entire tank? Anyone got one, and if so, where from and how much? Has to be genuine leather too. Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never heard of them being available.

Hein Gericke used to stock some leather all-over tank covers for certain models of sports bike. They had luggage points on that a tank bag clips on to. I think they were intended for those with plastic tanks.

Could try asking them...

Never heard of them being available.

Hein Gericke used to stock some leather all-over tank covers for certain models of sports bike. They had luggage points on that a tank bag clips on to. I think they were intended for those with plastic tanks.

Could try asking them...

Thats the sort of thing I mean. Its mainly because its 10 years old now, and the paint on the sides of the tank is going dull (from legs rubbing against) I wondered if there was such a thing for a Dragstar. I've seen them on Kawasaki ZXs, and thought that they must exist for customs

Surprisingly, no.

Bagster have nothing listed for any Cruiser.

Cruisers, especially Customs, tend to have fancy paintwork that you want to show off. About the best you'll get are clear plastic panels that stick on over the paintwork.

That, or make your own. It's not cheap... but not that expensive, either.

I have no idea if this fella could help, but given he sponsored the Yorkshire ride out for help the heros here's his link

Could be worth a contact as he does motorbike seats/leathers etc...

Hope you get sorted

Surprisingly, no.

Bagster have nothing listed for any Cruiser.

Cruisers, especially Customs, tend to have fancy paintwork that you want to show off. About the best you'll get are clear plastic panels that stick on over the paintwork.

That, or make your own. It's not cheap... but not that expensive, either.

I'd love to get a flash paint job, I just don't have the pennies. I think it would look pretty nice with a leather bagster. The leather centre strips look OK, but don't solve the problem of dul paint on the side of the tank. Unless I settle for a tank bra, a cover that encases the rear portion of the tank

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online