Ybr 125 clutch/neutral problems....

antere07
This post is 4776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a brand new ybr about a week or two ago and it seems like it doesnt want to go into neutral.

When i pull over i try to put it into neutral and it just skips past it and goes into first then trying to go up into neutral it skips it again and straight into 2nd sometimes i cant even get it when the engine is running i have to let the clutch out stall to get it its easier to get it when i have to stop at lights or something but when i stop all together it can take a few attempts of doing it.

Dont know if its a case of just trying to get used to it but the bike i rode before was easy to get into neutral

So i thought there might be a problem somewere down the line

Would be much appreciated for someone to advise me on a potential problem or what ever

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You haven't been 'checking' the chain tension by any chance have you ?

I had the same problems first few weeks and it's just getting used to it and if it's new running it in.mine's much easier to get into gear now its 2000miles old.changing the oil will help too and is pretty good for the engine and gear box.the oil the yam dealer put in mine was like water.

You haven't been 'checking' the chain tension by any chance have you ?

When i washed it on sunday i checked as the bloke said to check it cause it slackens off but it was fine so i didnt try and adjust it or anything just left it as it was.

Hopefully it is just a case of it being new and will become fine over time just needs to wear in like but yea just getting abit worried

When i washed it on sunday i checked as the bloke said to check it cause it slackens off but it was fine so i didnt try and adjust it or anything just left it as it was.

your eyes are all over the place :rolleyes:

Whats really going on here ? <_<

your eyes are all over the place :rolleyes:

Whats really going on here ? <_<

What do you mean? lol Im lost lol

Basiclly all i have done to my bike is put my panniers on and washed it other than that ive done nothing, and i was p!ssed when i washed it cause it rained 5 mins after :@

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online