i want my new xvs 1100 louder

This post is 4778 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys. i am back on a bike after about 8 years without. i am the first owner of my 2010 xvs 1100 classic and have only put 200km on the clock so far. i have seen alot of people are taking the baffle out to make a bit louder, but cant find anything about the 2010 model. my question is, will the following process work? http://www.vstar1100.com/jack_phelps/vstar/exhaust.htm . i see from 2006 the procedure changes. i really want to do it but dont know if my pipes are the same as earlier models or not. would hate to get half way through and realise it wont work. any info from anyone will be appreciated. cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its a good idea and probably will work

have you got a warranty? cause this mod will void it. plus you would need to check with ur mot station to see if they would pass it. cause i know that my place wont unless the exhaust is either the standard or a road legal equivalent.

its a good mod and will make the bike sound better but you need to just check b4 u start hacking away.

ur best bet would be to buy some aftermarket slash cut exhausts. then all you do is swap the exhaust for mot time.

If you want FECKING LOUD, get a set of Gemini exhausts like me.

They're straight-throughs, but come with removable baffles to quiet it down properly.

i have drilled 4 x 3/8 holes in each exhaust and is sounding much better. but i might do the full mod on the weekend (wasnt game to go all the way first up). thanks for the advice on new pipes, but want to spend the money on some mustang seats, saddlebags, sissy bars etc first. this will just be a cheap fix for 6 months or so.

i have drilled 4 x 3/8 holes in each exhaust and is sounding much better. but i might do the full mod on the weekend (wasnt game to go all the way first up). thanks for the advice on new pipes, but want to spend the money on some mustang seats, saddlebags, sissy bars etc first. this will just be a cheap fix for 6 months or so.

ur best bet would be to just keep the holes then when it comes to mot time you could put bolts in, to put it back standard. ;)