TZR 50 problems!

Nick Malak
This post is 4784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Yamaha tzr 50 lost power while i was riding it earlier, when i let go of the throttle i lost power and couldnt seem to rev it at all. When I twisted the throttle the whole way round it revved a tiny bit but then when let go of the throttle again it just cut out. After this it would take a long time to start and i would have to have the choke on. As i was riding home today this happened about every minute of riding. I have checked the petrol and oil and there is about a quarter left in each and the radiator is full except for about 2cm from the top. As you can probably tell; I am no bike expert so I have no idea what I am doing! Other information is that about 3 days ago it was dropped and lay on its side for about 30 seconds, some fluid was on the floor after but i am not sure what.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Nick :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Nick

can you tell me how old is the bike, what mileage is on it, when it runs is there any more white or blue smoke than normal and have you tried changing the spark plug as often this can cause problems with no forewarning.

I had this problem on my bike , theres no fuel filter on the bike at all and i found allot of crap in the bottom of the tank . try taking a look at whether that helps ... if so , TNT make some in-line fuel filters :)

Hope this helps

I had this problem on my bike , theres no fuel filter on the bike at all and i found allot of crap in the bottom of the tank . try taking a look at whether that helps ... if so , TNT make some in-line fuel filters :)

Hope this helps

:lol: Beat me too it, .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online