1986 TT 600 Electrics

finster
This post is 4793 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , trying to get my 1986 TT 600 road legal , head and tail lights do work but need to fit indicators and brake lights to get licienced . Is it possible to do this with existing system or do I have to fit a complete wiring loom , stator/ rotar etc from an xt to do the job ? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated , Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The wiring should be already there for brake light and indicators. Have a look at the loom near the kickstart area and see if you can see a Green/Yellow and Brown wire which will be for the stop light switch and look at the front and rear of the loom and see if you can see a Dark green and Dark Brown wires which will be the feed for the Left and Right indicators which then go to Earth/Black wire .Tony

The wiring should be already there for brake light and indicators. Have a look at the loom near the kickstart area and see if you can see a Green/Yellow and Brown wire which will be for the stop light switch and look at the front and rear of the loom and see if you can see a Dark green and Dark Brown wires which will be the feed for the Left and Right indicators which then go to Earth/Black wire .Tony

Cheers Tony, will check it out.

Hi Finster

If its the early 55U model there should be indicator wires within the harness, you will need a battery as well which should be located in a small holder behind the LHS side panel.

TTB

Hi Finster

If its the early 55U model there should be indicator wires within the harness, you will need a battery as well which should be located in a small holder behind the LHS side panel.

TTB

Hey TTB, thanks for the imput , its the 59 X model ,

Hey TTB, thanks for the imput , its the 59 X model ,

Yes couse it is, where did i get 55U :blink: , sound like a german sub.

Anyway yes there should be green and brown wires rnning through the harness, switch gear is the same as the XT600 i think.

Indicators for the TT are hard to come by in the UK, not too bad in the states. Front brake light will have to be a hydraulic unit piped into the brake reservoir.you could find an XT600 harness and alter that or get a manual and make one.

TTB

Yes couse it is, where did i get 55U :blink: , sound like a german sub.

Anyway yes there should be green and brown wires rnning through the harness, switch gear is the same as the XT600 i think.

Indicators for the TT are hard to come by in the UK, not too bad in the states. Front brake light will have to be a hydraulic unit piped into the brake reservoir.you could find an XT600 harness and alter that or get a manual and make one.

TTB

Thanks TTB , I appreciate the help , Cheers