no claims bonus

mennace
This post is 4802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi People

Work this out recently got back on to 2 wheels and looked at insuring said bike, quotes unusually cheap ? had a virago 535 for 11 years with never a claim and i was quoted £71.00 full comp so filled in forms and paid premium in full with Bennetts. after which the insurance informed me that my NCB was out of date and that I had to start again with zero NCB. OK i accept that they informed me that the new premium would be £78.00 !!! so this means my initial 11 years NCB was worth a poultry 7 quid. But they charged me 30 quid to change the policy. Is it me or is this madness?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

........................ Is it me or is this madness?

No. Madness is a great band.

It is stupidity. The insurance companies have learnt that they can make a good profit from "admin changes". a nice £25 or there-a-bouts for a new sheet of paper.

I have found that, given my age and details, there are little savings for trying to reduce my premiums.

Adding a good lock for better security - save £5 (the lock costs £65 and it is now a condition that I use it or theft is not covered)

Insuring a SV650 fully comp - £96

Insuring a TS250 fully comp - £86

Adding a Scorpion titanium exhaust to the SV - no additional premium.

Change of bike £25 + additional risk premium.

no its not you its those robbing swines called brokers.a couple of years ago i had a multibike policy with bennets i sold one of my bikes and like an idiot rang bennets who i had been with for years and told them that i had sold one of my bikes so they could take it off the policy,the guy replied no problem mate i will inform the insurance company,great all done so i thought till 4 days later i get a letter telling me i had to pay a £30 admin fee no mention on the phone when i rang them so after getting nowhere with bennets i renewed with carole nash, but two years later i find myself in the same position wanting to add a bike on that policy more admin fees but this time £45 plus £36.40 for the new bike,the origanal policy was only £86 and it has 8 months to run! :(

I added a second bike today on my policy, £25 admin fee, plus £3.37 bloody tax. trouble is, when I trawled around before renewing, the so called cheaper quotes returned via internet search gradually crept up while I was on the blower to the companies, adding this that an t'other. :angry:

How many bikes can you ride at once :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online