Hello!

This post is 4815 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. Names John and I live in North Yorkshire. I ride a YBR250 to work 5 days a week through the year. I've only had the bike for a few weeks (it replaced a Hysosung GT250 which was too heavy and unreliable). Loving it though it's much much much slower than my last 250. Handles beautifully. Only mod so far is a mud flap on the front fender (why oh why do the manufacturers never make the fender long enough in the first place!?!?!?!) Also thinking of adding a YBR125 to the garage for my wife to learn on (and for me because I'm very weird and like my bikes small).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Much faster in a straight line without a doubt. It's 9bhp and a cylinder up on the YBR so no surprise. In corners the Korean handles like a dog thanks to awful tyres and being about half a bike overweight. Many Hyo owners spend a fortune modding them. In fairness, I did a few mods just to make it usable. Do miss it though. Liked the Hyo better than the ER5 that came before it. The YBR is much more my sort of bike really. Old man's commuter for me any day.