I peed a little with excitement

LiamDTR
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay! So as we know I now have a lovely new frame with V5 and my bits are all on the lovely 1999 frame... However I had some worries about the engine as I spoke

with on of the previous owners of the bike 2 weeks ago and he said "yeah it's a dt lc engine" as you can imagine I was not amused... Until I phoned Yamaha today!!!

1989 DTR 125 engine (might I add it's been maxed on engine mods barr exhaust). It has a total capacity of 175-180 (not 100% on which, I'm assuming 175 as it's more common).

A friend has offered that after getting a new exhaust system on there that he'll put it on the dyno and we can play around with it a little more buwahahaha!!!

Anyway I'm over-joyed but somewhat wanting to cry lots... From my local Yam dealer a complete 1989 DTR 125 wiring loom will cost about £100!!!! I'm only upset as a mate sourced

me a complete loom for £25 but I think it's from a 96 or so :(

Back to the drawing board to get this thing lighting up with a big 'ol alarm!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

things are looking up mate, let us know how much you get out of the motor after the dyno session!

CBD will be sweating it now :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online