tail ight

pete_c
This post is 4815 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

any one have the issue, where the rear light doesnt work, but the brake lever will make the light come on but the foot brake wont make it come on...? the head light comes on as does the light for the speedo...

not sure where to start as the bulb is good.. unless its a connection problem...or is there a separate fuse for the lights / brakes? not got a workshop manual to hand so couldn't check...

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all

any one have the issue, where the rear light doesnt work, but the brake lever will make the light come on but the foot brake wont make it come on...? the head light comes on as does the light for the speedo...

not sure where to start as the bulb is good.. unless its a connection problem...or is there a separate fuse for the lights / brakes? not got a workshop manual to hand so couldn't check...

cheers

check the rear brake switch, might just need a squirt of wd40 or such gt185. check connections by undoing and reconnecting

check the rear brake switch, might just need a squirt of wd40 or such gt185. check connections by undoing and reconnecting

thanks man, does the main lighting circuit go through the foot brake then? as i dont get a light on at all if not engaing any of the brakes lever / pedal, the front head light is on..

thanks man, does the main lighting circuit go through the foot brake then? as i dont get a light on at all if not engaing any of the brakes lever / pedal, the front head light is on..

job done, was a loose switch on the forward control brake, and bad connection to the rear light under the riders seat, thanks for the tips man

job done, was a loose switch on the forward control brake, and bad connection to the rear light under the riders seat, thanks for the tips man

I was gonna say that before Drewpy got in first, "I bet its the (Quote)" I was gonna say :farmerjohn:

_40631974_jim203.jpg