Strange headlight issue

mtnmason
This post is 4821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. First off just wanted to say I've been lurking around on this site for a few years since I got my little xs in '08 and I have learned more about the bike (and bikes in general) than anywhere else. So thanks to all you mechanical gurus on here that help keep all of us amatuer tinkerers straight! So........ the headlight works when the switch is turned all the way to the right (the parking light mode). Switch the key to the middle, or "on" position - no headlight. I took the ignition switch off and dis/reconnected everything. The problem is obviously not in the handle bar switch. Havent pulled the headlight off yet. Any ideas?

Thanks a million.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the parking light is normaly a seperate pilot bulb, which is why your parking light works.

it could be ,just a loose connector on the back of the headlamp.

whip the light off and take a butchers to confirm.... may be change the big bulb.

Thanks guys. Didn't get a chance to mess with it yesterday with the daytona 500 being on and the insobriety that typically occurs. Drewps - I had to pull the ignition switch off a while back to have a key made but it worked fine after that. Problems is prob due to having the poor thing sitting on the sidewalk under a cover since November.

might just be a case of spraying maintenance fluid in there and turning the switch a few times.

poss the earth's gone! just need to strip and clean

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online