yz250 wont start

triadracer
This post is 4847 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone!!! I need to know if someone on here can help me before i spend lots of money on something i dont need too!!

Ok i bought this bike about 3 months ago! Its a 1992 yamaha yz250, when i purchased it she started 2 kicks and i took it for a ride! It would not hit the power band it would bog down when i got to the point of action! He told me it would need a set of reeds and thats why it was doing that!

So i bought the bike brought it home and it started for the next 3 days in a row. I left it for a week and then it was hard to get started and now its 2 months later and it wont go at all. I have changed the reeds, air filter, spark plug, cleaned the jets on the carb, changed the gas!!!! Still NOTHING!!!!!

It has spark, it has compression i think it was 120 with the throttle opened up...

I have even sprayed some quick start in the airbox but still no luck! Can someone please tell me how to get this going

I have had it for a few months now and havnt rode it!!!

thanks everyone in advance

sean

DSC04515.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

alright GOT HER GOING!!!!!!!!!

i tried everything but one thing. I put some fuel into the spark plug whole and kicked it. Started right up!!! Did that about 3 times and now runs pretty good!!!!! Kinda hesitant when starting in first but then takes of like a rocket

thanks guys