Exhaust Heat shield

1988rocco
This post is 4884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This morning i got to work and noticed my heat shield on the down pipe chrome heat shield was missing off my 125 xvs dragstar, as you look at the exhaust its the one that come from the back piston and is the highest of the two exhausts. I am unsure where it came off, i was just wondering if anyone knows where i can getthe chrome heat shield from, its just the bit to cover the down pipe, any help is appreciated :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine fell off on a roundabout, when i went back to get it, some fekker in a car drove over it ON PURPOSE!

Have a look round the breakers etc, might be a bit tricky though.

If you got one from Yamaha it will cost the world.

This morning i got to work and noticed my heat shield on the down pipe chrome heat shield was missing off my 125 xvs dragstar, as you look at the exhaust its the one that come from the back piston and is the highest of the two exhausts. I am unsure where it came off, i was just wondering if anyone knows where i can getthe chrome heat shield from, its just the bit to cover the down pipe, any help is appreciated :)

I reckon you may struggle to get just the heatshield, as the shield is welded onto the exhaust, so its unlikely that you'll get just the shield, and if you did locate one, then how you going to secure it. If you cant get one, you could get a fab shop shop to knock one up in stainless and weld on a couple of split collars to the shield, the split collars then clamp around the exhaust

Guest LaFiamma

Mine flew off last may and ive not been able to get a replacement, was in touch with breakers yards and they only sell the entire pipe assy , try bikerbreakers you might get lucky ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online