Need help fitting DT50 Reeds

james116
This post is 4906 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have purchased a DT50 BIG BORE kit for my bike and Hy-Tech reed however on the new barrel there is no 3 pins for the reeds to sit on, Where on my old barrel there was 3 pins.

Need some help asap as its stook in my garage.

Thanks for your time

James

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

I have purchased a DT50 BIG BORE kit for my bike and Hy-Tech reed however on the new barrel there is no 3 pins for the reeds to sit on, Where on my old barrel there was 3 pins.

Need some help asap as its stook in my garage.

Thanks for your time

James

Sorry mate were not psychic, there are a few different DT50 models out there from the original to the liquid cooled stuff. Let usknow which one you actually have and the year. At present we are looking at anything from 1978 to now :lol:

Some pictures as well would be even better.

hi

the reeds you have fit to the reed block which fits between rubber carb mount and barrel,remove the carb,the reed block will pull out of barrel when usually 4 bolts are removed,the reeds then sit under a bent reed stop which is screwed to block with three screws which are the 3 holes you are talking about,one reed petal to each side,it becomes obvious when you start taking things off.cheers

mark.

On this new barrel the though there is no 3 pins? Its just smooth all the way round?

Thanks

James

So your saying the reeds fit directly to the barrel then?

I don't understand, your bike will have a reed block same as the many number of these engines i messes about with in the dark ages. Engine wont work without it.

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Uh, no reed block, should be something like item 2 in the link below. Got a pic of the old barrel?

Dt 175 inlet system

All done :D Was still in the old block :) Started up 1st kick very happy now

Thanks for your help

James

No problem, why we do it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online