Worthy of the R title

zoomer
This post is 4935 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wonder what bhp that makes?

got to be better than the somewhat-ridiculous CBR250RR of the ninties - 4 cylinder, with all that goes with it (carbs, plugs, leads etc), revving to infinity for a real-world 35hp, yet not a patch on the 2-stroke stuff.

I wonder what bhp that makes?

got to be better than the somewhat-ridiculous CBR250RR of the ninties - 4 cylinder, with all that goes with it (carbs, plugs, leads etc), revving to infinity for a real-world 35hp, yet not a patch on the 2-stroke stuff.

no merv its worse,The all-new single cylinder CBR250R makes 26bhp from the new liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve single cylinder engine, and weighs 162kg fully-fuelled and ready to ride, compared to the Ninja 250R’s claimed figures of 32.2bhp and 169kg.

made in thailand cheap to make but i cant see who they are aiming the bike at?

no merv its worse,The all-new single cylinder CBR250R makes 26bhp from the new liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve single cylinder engine, and weighs 162kg fully-fuelled and ready to ride, compared to the Ninja 250R’s claimed figures of 32.2bhp and 169kg.

made in thailand cheap to make but i cant see who they are aiming the bike at?

blimey, is that all it makes? looks the bizinez too - like a small vfr1200.

a bit more power, a bit less weight and it might make plenty of sense.

blimey, is that all it makes? looks the bizinez too - like a small vfr1200.

a bit more power, a bit less weight and it might make plenty of sense.

just read a review in an old copy of motor cycle news they say the same and make a comparison with vfr1200.

honda claim it will do 75mpg but dont mention top speed. :o

just read a review in an old copy of motor cycle news they say the same and make a comparison with vfr1200.

honda claim it will do 75mpg but dont mention top speed. :o

i just found the review that you mentioned - how feckin much? £4099? Are Honda insane? I paid that for my yam XJ6 (made in japan not thailand), which makes proper power (but can still be restricted etc), i have also been to george white today and they had gsr600 Suzs etc for under £4k new. Honda must have a very specific type of customer in mind if they think this will sell well in the UK.

Will it ever come to the UK tho ?

Should do 95 mph same as the RD 250DX of yestyear but with 75 - 85 mpg ( RD 250DX 33 mpg ) with 1 cylinder for low running cost , perhaps it should be named CB250S though !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online