Best colour for my 535

ABxv535
This post is 4940 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thinking of doing the same thing myself on my 535, which is going by your avator the same colour as mine.

up to now i think the metallic maroon looks about the best for showing up the chrome.

cheers.

think this blue looks a bit boring ... The two colours I had in mind was dark metallic red (maroon) or metallic black, but done my previous bike in metallic black but end up more of a dark metallic grey...

all depends what ur after, if you want the chrome to stand out then a matt black will be the best contrast against the chrome, its also a little unusual to see a matt black bike as ppl normally like their bikes to be shiney. im toying with the idea of a matt black and fluorescent green colour scheme for my xvs 125 but its very radical..... :blink:

all depends what ur after, if you want the chrome to stand out then a matt black will be the best contrast against the chrome, its also a little unusual to see a matt black bike as ppl normally like their bikes to be shiney. im toying with the idea of a matt black and fluorescent green colour scheme for my xvs 125 but its very radical..... :blink:

. I'm going with black but will be shiney black will se how it looks...

Moving from the bike colour To my wheels... They need work done on them too rusty to repair so was thinking about spray them too, black same colour of the bike or go White so it stands out???

Moving from the bike colour To my wheels... They need work done on them too rusty to repair so was thinking about spray them too, black same colour of the bike or go White so it stands out???

hi, have you thought about trying to use a power wire brush "black and decker drill" on the wheels with the wheels lifted up for ease,and see if you can get a shine on the base metal and then clear laquer them? i did that once on an old matchless bike and it didn't look too bad.

cheers.

hi, have you thought about trying to use a power wire brush "black and decker drill" on the wheels with the wheels lifted up for ease,and see if you can get a shine on the base metal and then clear laquer them? i did that once on an old matchless bike and it didn't look too bad.

cheers.

I've tried autosol metal polish,wire brush and a very fine sand paper but the rear wheel there's quite a bit of rust,I thought power wire brush would damage the chrome and the wheel... will have a go and see... , if it doesn't work can always getting them sprayed... thanks for advise B)

I've tried autosol metal polish,wire brush and a very fine sand paper but the rear wheel there's quite a bit of rust,I thought power wire brush would damage the chrome and the wheel... will have a go and see... , if it doesn't work can always getting them sprayed... thanks for advise B)

sorry i forgot to mention it,but i think for the spray to stay on, the chrome will have to come off anyway ,as i found out previously.

cheers.

unless you proper score it and whack on some hammerite special metals primer!

if you get a brass wire brush drill attachment with autosol it will clean it up nicely and should get rid of the rust (might take a while just get some elbow grease on it) then use washing up liquid to buff it up (and it cleans it) then use a damp cloth to wipe it down then clear coat, wait for it to dry then use car body turtal wax to finish :D

unless you proper score it and whack on some hammerite special metals primer!

if you get a brass wire brush drill attachment with autosol it will clean it up nicely and should get rid of the rust (might take a while just get some elbow grease on it) then use washing up liquid to buff it up (and it cleans it) then use a damp cloth to wipe it down then clear coat, wait for it to dry then use car body turtal wax to finish :D

Got plenty to do this winter, just going to wait for the weather to get worse and going to start striping her down so that I can get her ready for the good weather...will post some pics after finished... B)

will need to find a standard exhaust as well if anyone know the best place to find one in good condition will be very helpful ( I'm looking on ebay any other places to look?) my after market not only is quite loud don't think it looks great they are too far apart and don't think will pass the MOT due to sound...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online