XS400 Tubing question

Ebola Monkey
This post is 4967 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm going to hack my wifes XS400 this winter, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the top tubes under the seat are.

I know they're 7/8" tubing, but does anyone know what the wall thickness is? I could just order .120 wall tubing, and it should work, but there's a couple spots that I'm going to have slugs in, and would rather use the same tubing as the stock frame.

Thanks In Advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will find its some pretty low quality 2.6mm wall seam welded tube. General engineering tube will do as a replacement.There are several schools of thought, but I wouldn't go adding tube that is much stronger as you could cause problems elsewhere on the frame. My advice would be cut it and check before you go machining slugs.

you might want to read this before you go slugging the frame

http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32956

Funny, I can view the topic, but not the pics when not logged in. When I log in the topic is completely gone. Can't find it through search or anything. When i click on th epic links, then login, the pics can't be found. Weird.

Funny, I can view the topic, but not the pics when not logged in. When I log in the topic is completely gone. Can't find it through search or anything. When i click on th epic links, then login, the pics can't be found. Weird.

works fine for me, just tried it B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online