air box on a dt175mx 1981 think its a 4j3

MrAzF
This post is 4976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, hope all is well, just a quick question.... Some previous owner of my bike has modified the airbox on my bike, it is so bad i had to remove the the cover from the front to get the bike to runs properly. Does anyone if/where i can get a replacement as the bike is really loud now ?? thanks aaron

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys, hope all is well, just a quick question.... Some previous owner of my bike has modified the airbox on my bike, it is so bad i had to remove the the cover from the front to get the bike to runs properly. Does anyone if/where i can get a replacement as the bike is really loud now ?? thanks aaron

So its a bike with a square section swing arm then? Thats a later version, ebay is your best bet but make sure you buy the right one. I may have a lead...i'll ask someone

yes it is a square shape swinging arm i appreciate all your help!! i've just noticed more bad bodging on the air box so if you can find 1 i'd be well happy and eternally grateful :D

This is the reply I got, what do want me to do?

"morning Paul yes I have an air box,however it's not the best as someone have drilled a few holes it to get more air in and also i think one of the brackets has snapped of it,if you send me an e-mail address i can send you some pics so you can see what i mean.

The airbox is still in the frame but i will remove later today as i have just finished a nightshift so i need a bit of sleep.

Manythanks "

This is the reply I got, what do want me to do?

"morning Paul yes I have an air box,however it's not the best as someone have drilled a few holes it to get more air in and also i think one of the brackets has snapped of it,if you send me an e-mail address i can send you some pics so you can see what i mean.

The airbox is still in the frame but i will remove later today as i have just finished a nightshift so i need a bit of sleep.

Manythanks "

hi again thanks soo much for your help my email is can u send some pics?? manythanks again, aaron

hi again just a quick question does your friend have items on ebay at the moment ? as i'm enquiring about one on there also ?

He's not my 'friend' Aaron, did you not see the email I sent you? Yes hes on ebay selling stuff and said someone else was interested...that someone is probably you. It's up to you if you think its useable, them holes can be patched up with a bit of gutter seal and pieces of plastic I guess.

He's not my 'friend' Aaron, did you not see the email I sent you? Yes hes on ebay selling stuff and said someone else was interested...that someone is probably you. It's up to you if you think its useable, them holes can be patched up with a bit of gutter seal and pieces of plastic I guess.

hi thanks for all your help yeh it would be pretty usable its alot better than mine sorry about all the messing about

• Who's Online (See full list)