just quick question for 81' xs400 special ll

SUNG
This post is 4991 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i just bought xs400

and under the engine some drops of oil leaking out of it i realized when it parked cuz i saw drop mark on the ground.

the liquid leak doesn't small like fuel so..

those anyone have any idea what liquid is leaking under the engine?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, if it's not fuel and you don't have the only XS400 with a radiator, I'd guess it's oil. The question is from where, and only you can tell us that. Common culprits are the neutral switch, the clutch actuator rod or the gasket on the screen cover of the sump.

Well, if it's not fuel and you don't have the only XS400 with a radiator, I'd guess it's oil. The question is from where, and only you can tell us that. Common culprits are the neutral switch, the clutch actuator rod or the gasket on the screen cover of the sump.

.... and gear selector shaft seal.

hi

i just bought xs400

and under the engine some drops of oil leaking out of it i realized when it parked cuz i saw drop mark on the ground.

the liquid leak doesn't small like fuel so..

those anyone have any idea what liquid is leaking under the engine?

it probably leaking from the rod gasket or the neutral housing and running down the eletrical lines under the engine then dropping off that.

had the exact same problem. they are hot spots for oil leaks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online