module 1 help

slow13
This post is 4967 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right lads i have my module 1 in 2 weeks iam practicning like mad but not sure if i should pay to get trained but even still they trainer will be booked so iam just wundering wat to exspect eg will he tell me/explain wat to do or will he just exspect me to no as iam worried as dont no wat to expect please gimie sum help thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

also ive been driving for over 4years and had a bike for over 1 an a half so have a little skill not the best but all comes in time just hopeing examiner is ok as i always try my hardest and iam not a robot

As has been said, the examiner should talk you through it, but a study of the layout you're expected to ride is always good - Clicky link. However, unless you've got an open area big enough to mark out the course for practice you should really try to get a couple of sessions in with a good training school. Spend a couple of hours going round the course and you'll develop a feel for what's needed, especially the speed for the loops and the swerve'n'brake bit. The single biggest issue is not hitting 50kph for this part of the test, plus a lot of people still think you have to brake and swerve at the same time - Oops, crunch! - time spent with a trainer who knows their stuff will beat the speed into you and the brake/swerve out so you won't have to think about it.

Just my opinion, I passed my test back in the Jurassic and my lad got through just before the new 2-parter came in, so I know feck all about it, but I am on good terms with some local trainers and see what goes on......

OK, here's a tip.

When you carry out the slow manoeuvres (U-Turn between the lines, Figure-of-8) look at where you want to be, do not look at the cones, the road, the bike nothing. fix a point to look at in the distance, over your shoulder

So, for the figure of 8. Look over your shoulder and move your eyes to the direction too. You will be surprised how tight you can turn the bike.

For the U-Turn, set off look over your right shoulder, look right with your eyes and you'll turn well within the space available.

Emergency stop - remember this, and repeat it to yourself "Front Break, Back Brake, Clutch, Don't Panic" never snatch the brake, apply diliberate controller pressure.

Good luck.

OK, here's a tip.

When you carry out the slow manoeuvres (U-Turn between the lines, Figure-of-8) look at where you want to be, do not look at the cones, the road, the bike nothing. fix a point to look at in the distance, over your shoulder

So, for the figure of 8. Look over your shoulder and move your eyes to the direction too. You will be surprised how tight you can turn the bike.

For the U-Turn, set off look over your right shoulder, look right with your eyes and you'll turn well within the space available.

Emergency stop - remember this, and repeat it to yourself "Front Break, Back Brake, Clutch, Don't Panic" never snatch the brake, apply diliberate controller pressure.

Good luck.

thanks guys apreciated

OK, here's a tip.

Good luck.

thanks apreciated i hope i pass ill let use all no if i do or dont will be gutted if i dont propper

• 2 weeks later...

thanks apreciated i hope i pass ill let use all no if i do or dont will be gutted if i dont propper

i just past my module 1 today well chuffed didnt need trainin just watch video and got the cone gaps and practiced the emergency stop and hazard avoidence u will be able to do it just practice with 12 foot gapsr as they are 14 at center spot on tighter to start with the better best i done was 11feet iam a size 8 to

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online