DT125RE exhaust problems

This post is 4955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yeah, they said the problem was due to a previous owner buying an after market silencer and having to cut down the pipe, then putting the old silencer on for sale

it was either that quick cheap fix or a new system so I opted for the cheaper option

That makes sense, fitted a big-one silencer to mine that had been cut shorter to fit the standard front pipe. So they did the opposite on yours by the sound of it and cut the front pipe :rolleyes:

Personally i wouldn't have the pipe welded together though, i would keep it as it is.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmmm Dose just buying a endcan mak a difrence apart from noise?

Slight increase in performance over a standard, but to reap the full benefits you either need a front pipe or you can gut the original.

That makes sense, fitted a big-one silencer to mine that had been cut shorter to fit the standard front pipe. So they did the opposite on yours by the sound of it and cut the front pipe :rolleyes:

Personally i wouldn't have the pipe welded together though, i would keep it as it is.

yeah im not planning on having it welded, its easier to remove as it is :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online