Hi Paul, I'm back..........Stephen

fridgedoc
This post is 4995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Paul

back from hols and minor heart op, so apart from stll needing to re-build house I need to sort the Virago, any idea where to get piston rings, have tried a few places with not much luck, have sent a couple more emails today, see what replies I get Monday.

Hope your well and look forward to the instructions.

Kind regards.......................... Stephen

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah im not sure on that one, i was having trouble finding some. have you tried a yammaha dealer? normally they can order some in, and just a tip, it will save a bit of time if you could get pistons with the rings on them, unless you dont mind fiddling with the rings :D

so yeah when you get them just p-m me and then i can go through it with u .

Have you tried Granby or Fowlers?

Hi old git

thanks for your input, no luck with Granby, tried them earlier, have just emailed Fowlers so fingers crossed, have had a quote from a Yamaha dealer £104 Ouch! would like to get them a bit cheaper if possable.

Regards

Stephen

yeah im not sure on that one, i was having trouble finding some. have you tried a yammaha dealer? normally they can order some in, and just a tip, it will save a bit of time if you could get pistons with the rings on them, unless you dont mind fiddling with the rings :D

so yeah when you get them just p-m me and then i can go through it with u .

Hi Paul

Tried a Yamaha dealer, they where quite expensive £104, with piston I would think would double that price if not more!!!!!!

have changed just rings many times so not worried there.

regards

Stephen

BLOODY HELL!!!!!! are they takin the piss??!!! £104 for some piston rings! thats fookin ridiculous!......(*cough*)...soz thats just wound me up...

right someone once told me that 125cc pistons are a standard size and that any 125cc piston ring would fit another piston, weather that is true or not im not sure but it makes sense!

could you try getting hold of some cheep piston rings off ebay? and then we could try them . i know that the xvs 125 rings fit perfectly on the xv 125 but the pistons themselves are different. worth a try.