dealers havent got a clue how to fix this

Zackw
This post is 5012 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone know whats wrong with my motorbike? the side stands down and it says its in neutral when its actually in first gear; this isnt a really big problem but its becoming really annoying now. ive taken it to the dealer and they've replaced the computer on the bike however they still dont know whats wrong with it. As you can see from the video the stands down, clutch it in and the neutral light is on and yet when i release the cluch the bike stalls

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Really an intro to yourself and your bike first would have been nice matey,

Obviously a case of plugged it in to the computer in the workshop and it told them the computer on the bike needs replacing so they did it, was the computer operating monkey a spotty apprentice???,cos that how dealers work now i reckon,

cos i would personally for the first move replace the neutral switch, i presume it only happens in 1st gear doe the neutral light go out as you go up through the box??

Think Merv might be right with the neutral switch, i had a rental 07 YBR a few weeks back and would get a neutral light intermittently while in gear and not just 1st gear either.

Does it only happen when the side stand is down ?

it usually happens when coming out of first gear and they've replaced the neutral diode on the bike and this is still happening =\ if the bikes in gear and the stands down the engine should cut out but with the computer saying its in neutral it doesn't. they have no idea what to do next

Sounds like a switch problem to me - the computer's getting the inputs and doing its thing, just not at the right time.

Either you have a bad neutral switch or a wiring problem. If the bike has been downed, I would say that it is probable in the wiring. Check the harness over for any damage. If you give me more info I will help you as best I can. I am going to school to become a cycle tech and I just went through safety circuits this quarter. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online