XS400 project

Ficky
This post is 5021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks a modern enfield, and you had to rebuild it?

those LC wheels, or are they standard in OZ?

Hi Drewpy

No the wheels are not standard in Australia and yes well picked they are LC , they came on the bike but the front axle was the wrong size for the fork legs so made up some bushes to size, the rear wheel fits just fine, its a real bitza, the bike only has the modle number 2A2 on the motor no engine number so thinking its a jap home market bike , at some stage it went to the USA and was imported to Australia in 2000 I have had it since early 2010, its blowing a bit of smoke exhust & Breather pipes so an over hual is needed, have the gasket kit (sent out from the UK as the local parts service is Crap) and will see what more I will need once I have it apart.

The Enfield has done 32000 kms and yes all the bearings have been replaced by myself, the wheel bearings went in the first 2000 kms and then the mains and finily the Crank , luckely Hichcocks in the UK have produced an after market fix for the crank as the Indian bearings are rubbish (well not the rollers it seems to be the hard facing on the inner races that just gives out)bad metalerge, I also went with the 535 kit at the same time made a big differance to power and smothness of delivery.

Cheers Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online