hmmm reed switch for dt 125

This post is 5052 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well ive had alot of trouble with top speed with my dtr 125 2001. basicaly it seems to accelerate like a beast, yet once it hits about 60mph, it has nothing left, so i removed the 'reed switch' and it stays the same speed, but the revs keep climbing, surely this cant be right :S?(was thinkin maybe the speedo cable wasnt put back on right, but it went on the way it came off :S) ive got standard exahuast, but im pretty sure its not that restricting. any help please because i cant find anything anywhere haha. i just find the same old stuff, which doesnt ever help, and its got a recently rebuilt engine which was run in fine.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Same speed but increasing revs = Clutch slip, you may need a new clutch plate set.

hmm i hope so bud, it has been gettin progessivly slower, even with the fresh rebuild haha.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online