MotoX

Rizo
This post is 5043 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone else here have an interest in moto-x? My 14 year old son participates in this mental 'sport' where broken collar bones / fingers are common place. He's been riding for about a year after moving on blatting around on a quad and talks nothing but MX. He uses language that simply passes over my head (although I now know what a 'whip' and 'kicker' is) and costs me a bloody fortune. It does, however, give him a healthy respect and passion for everything two wheels and he has learned how to strip most of the bike down already (and put it back together, in the right place ;) ) . He's currently riding a 2003 Honda CR85 (which is 'well tricked out') and hopes to move onto a 150 by the end of the year.

Here are some pics of my Son getting 'some air' on a 'kicker'. Well proud Dad, I am... :D

Mx # 1

Mx # 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Schoolboy MotoX is fantastic.... They are totally fearless and much more intersting than any other Motorcycle racing.

My brother run a bike for years, it's where I picked up my interest, in fact I learned to ride on a crosser. Me, I'm far to aware of my own mortality to race, it's just not in me and I don't have that attitude to race at all.

Oh, and the chicks, the girls realy dig a crosser.........

Fair play to your boy, if you can afford it, then it's better than him hanging out on street corners mugging old ladies!

Love it.

It's great seeing kids be passionate about something and watching them grow through that. Can't underestimate the power of that and how it can change lives for the better. Sure there's risk and all of that but that's living. Then, how good is being able to share something that is significant to your kids?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online