FYI XS400 minor niggle

pepperami
This post is 5054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it`s always the last things that you do to fix a bike that take the longest!

i`ve been having trouble getting my XS400 to run right? then it dawned on me! if i have the bike on the sidestand it is much harder to start and takes longer if at all to tick-over.

i noticed that if the bike is upright (on the center-stand), it behaves itself a LOT better :).

so if you are fiddling about with the carbs, you might want to bear that in mind.....or is it that, it`s only my bike that behaves this way?

i`m not saying that this is right, just it`s how my bike is and yours may be doing the same!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think it's easier to kick on the center stand, but that's because of my body position relative to the bike. Mine starts on first kick with the side stand or center. Maybe your floats are set a hair low...but if it is otherwise running well and you prefer putting it on the center stand, I wouldn't worry about it.

am i a pussy cos i use the electric start? :) ......... mind you if i am going to use the kick-start, i always do it astride the bike...... even on my little Honda CG125 of lovlyness :)

am i a pussy cos i use the electric start? :) ......... mind you if i am going to use the kick-start, i always do it astride the bike...... even on my little Honda CG125 of lovlyness :)

Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answer to....

But the same principle applies, floats appear to be a little low.