Throttle issues

warriory2k
This post is 5125 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have a problem with my throttle on my 125. It's only got 700 miles on it. When it's hot it idles great. As soon as I twist the throttle it dips before going up, but if I put the choke half on the idle is low but it doesn't dip. Any help appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, I have a problem with my throttle on my 125. It's only got 700 miles on it. When it's hot it idles great. As soon as I twist the throttle it dips before going up, but if I put the choke half on the idle is low but it doesn't dip. Any help appreciated.

A good clean air filter should help, if you are using the choke and this makes the throtle work ok then it sounds like a fuel mixture problem.

Is the bike carb or injection.

If it's a new bike then take it back and get the dealer to have a look, if it's used then it depends on the age of the bike, if it's a couple of years old and only has 700 miles on it, then it may need a small engine strip and clean, need more info on the bike.

Start with the simple things, new filter and plugs, also check the condition of your spark plugs, it will give you an idea if the engine is running ok.

if its only done 700 miles then it should still have warranty on it!

just take it to the dealers and they should sort it out.

was it serviced at 600 miles? it dus sound like a fuel problem id do a spark plug check myself. (sounds like its running a tad lean)

but dont touch it unless the warranty has run out!!!!!

if u dont have warranty and u know what ur doing clean the air filter and try it, if its still doing it cleaning the carb would be next, then if the problem is still there move the jet needle up a notch. should sort it out!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online