92 Seca 2 Generator Cover

Vincent Moy
This post is 5125 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So yesterday I was trying to take it off to check on the stator coil. I removed the 3 bolts and tried to take it off. However, the bottom on the cover seemed to be really stuck. It felt like something was glued/ connected behind it. I didn't want to destroy it so I just bolted it back on. I am just wonder if I have to ply it out/ use more force to take it off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So yesterday I was trying to take it off to check on the stator coil. I removed the 3 bolts and tried to take it off. However, the bottom on the cover seemed to be really stuck. It felt like something was glued/ connected behind it. I didn't want to destroy it so I just bolted it back on. I am just wonder if I have to ply it out/ use more force to take it off.

Try giving the cover a few gentle taps with a lightweight plastic headed hammer. It usually works but dont be to hamfisted because it's aluminium.

Try giving the cover a few gentle taps with a lightweight plastic headed hammer. It usually works but dont be to hamfisted because it's aluminium.

So it suppose to slide out pretty easy, right?

So it suppose to slide out pretty easy, right?

It should come out easy enough, but bear in mind there's a magnet inside the rotor so you might get some resistance.

Sometimes aluminium does "stick" so a little gentle persuasion will help. If you get a bit of a gap at the top try to prise it open using a screwdriver but be gentle, although it's aluminium it's not eggshell.