Dt Mx Wiring Help

GreatWill
This post is 5081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok check them again from the coloured wires to the tabs that the fixing screws go through, if there are any other joins along the coluured wire before they meet the coil you had better check these out too. It would be strange if both coils are bad.

I have checked the wires again and used the multimeter to check if I am getting a circuit between the first break in the wire till the end of the wire (Using the function that beeps) and both of them are looking ok.

I am also getting a circuit between the Pulse Coil (The exposed bare wire) and the end of the wire if that means anything, but I can't seem to get the same with the tiny bit of bare wire of the Source Coil.

what range is your meter set to?

is your meter any good?

is the battery flat in the meter?

try measuring an indicator bulb filament just to test the meter

I'm beginning to have doubts about this now, you said it beeps like there is a circuit but you cannot say what reading it gives. I just dont see two being down at the same time!

200 ohms range for the pulse coil

2000 (2k) ohms range for the source coil

what range is your meter set to?I was using the 200 ohms for the Red / White, and 2k ohms for the Brown

is your meter any good? I think so, it seems to work on all other functions ok

is the battery flat in the meter?I have just changed it to a new one to check, still the same results

try measuring an indicator bulb filament just to test the meterI have tested a car indicator bulb, not sure if that is what you really meant but it came up with 3.5 Ohms in the 200 range

I'm beginning to have doubts about this now, you said it beeps like there is a circuit but you cannot say what reading it gives. I just dont see two being down at the same time!It does not beep with one probe on the wire and one on the Tab, only from the first break in the wire to the last

200 ohms range for the pulse coil I was getting a small amount or resistance when I placed one probe on the actual coiled wire (Through the hole) and then the red/white wire, but it is VERY temperamental)

2000 (2k) ohms range for the source coil Showing no resistance

ok will, it looks like both your coils are duff then.

You can get cheap replacements for both though from electrex world

I think you need a P30 pulse coil and a C31 source coil, check with supplier though. ;)

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/p30-pulse-coil-1889-0.html

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/c31-ignition-coil-3837-0.html

Thank you for all your help and sharing you knowledge! It was worth a try.

Unfortunately I can't see it being worth the price to fix and I could then find out the CDI has gone, I only bought the buggy frame and engine for about £30 about 5 years ago.

I think I will put it back on ebay, either together or a separate auctions.

~Will

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online