Dumb Newbie!

andydoc
This post is 5098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

My son just bought a 1986 Radian - loves it, running great but much to my embarassment I`m having trouble with the oil change!! For one thing, it is very difficult to tell the oil level from the viewer which is either too dirty or maybe so full that I can`t get a level. Next, where will i find the oil filterÉÉ rather not take the whole thing apart - I`m sure it is behuind the cover just above the filler cap but I`d like to be sure. Finally, what filter do you suggest and do we know the approximate oil capacityÉÉ thanks so much -

Doc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone!

My son just bought a 1986 Radian - loves it, running great but much to my embarassment I`m having trouble with the oil change!! For one thing, it is very difficult to tell the oil level from the viewer which is either too dirty or maybe so full that I can`t get a level. Next, where will i find the oil filterÉÉ rather not take the whole thing apart - I`m sure it is behuind the cover just above the filler cap but I`d like to be sure. Finally, what filter do you suggest and do we know the approximate oil capacityÉÉ thanks so much -

Doc

Hi Andy I an unfamiliar with the bike but heres some things to check

1: Filters are often placed at the fromt of the engine cases behind the exhaust pipes

2: Oil capacity is sometimes moulded into the casting of the clutch cover

3: If you suspect it may be over full get some help and lean the bike to see if you can spot the level in the window

...Paul

Hi Andy I an unfamiliar with the bike but heres some things to check

1: Filters are often placed at the fromt of the engine cases behind the exhaust pipes

2: Oil capacity is sometimes moulded into the casting of the clutch cover

3: If you suspect it may be over full get some help and lean the bike to see if you can spot the level in the window

...Paul

Will do - thanks!

A

Hi everyone!

Doc

Is this bike a 125cc?...if so it may not have a filter on it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online