dragstar650

john storrie
This post is 5156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's nice.

Are you asking a question, stating a fact, requesting help or just not even bothering to say hello and introduce yourself?

Not caring if I sound rude or not, the Forum is essentially the same as walking into a pub.

What you've done is just walk in as a complete stranger and make a statement. No polite hello, no introduction...

As for the answer - Clean everything out and service it.

Job done.

That's nice.

Are you asking a question, stating a fact, requesting help or just not even bothering to say hello and introduce yourself?

Not caring if I sound rude or not, the Forum is essentially the same as walking into a pub.

What you've done is just walk in as a complete stranger and make a statement. No polite hello, no introduction...

a fair comment, if i may say so

97 650 dragstar has been off road for 2 years. kept in garage started and seems to run ok on choke but when warm and choke off will only rev slightly and then cuts out.will restart ok but then does same

2 years off the road is a long time did you do any preparation for its hibernation if not then you could have a few problems,firstly when you came to start it was it with 2 year old petrol thats been lay in the tank then drain old fuel out and replace with fresh petrol also drain any old petrol out of the carb, you may find that the old petrol has gummed up your jets if so after changing the petrol you may have to remove carb and clean out as your pilot jet could be blocked as it dies when you turn of choke.

change your oil and filter and give your bike a good service. and next time if you lay your bike up for long periods drain the carburetor float chamber this will prevent fuel deposits from building up, remove spark plugs and pour a tea spoon of oil into each plug bore to prevent corrosion to cylinders and piston rings,lubricate all cables and levers pedals and side stand it makes life a lot easier when you want to wake it up and get back on the road.

give your brakes a good check over as 2 years stood they may well bind, it would be nice if you introduced your self and filled in where your from as we are getting to many people just coming on no introduction and expecting help but who are you?

a fair comment, if i may say so

These are real people here, not just some automated computer response.

Bursting on with a statement of problems - You wouldn't do that at Kwik Fit, would you?

Well, you might, but the response will be just as terse as mine... if not more so :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online