Yamaha Thunderace Radiator

ashleybond87
This post is 5075 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i have an fzr1000 and the rad is 'straight' looking here:

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1997-yamaha-motorcycle-yzf1000rj/o/m8971

the thunderace has a heavily curved rad so i think the answer to your question is no unfortunately, hope that helps.

p.s. you can also see the fzr1000 schematic on that site and compare for yourself if you want/.

cheers for that do you recon it would matter though with me starting to streetfighter the ace

i also understand that the yzf1000 parts will fit the ace as its fairly the same thing

sorry for sounding naive i am relatively new to biking so i may be asking a few stupid questions and giving you lot a good laugh

i think the problem might be clearing the frame, a flat radiator is likely to be wider if it is to offer the same heat exchanging properties as a curved radiator. - a yzf750 shares the same chassis as the thunderace (pretty much) and so might be a go-er. The R1 radiator is probably quite different.

if you are ditching bodywork etc maybe most things can be made to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey any luck finding a rad for a thunderace i need a new one!

hi pal ive bought a yzf750 rad which fits perfectly and works the only difference being is the feeder holes where you connect your pipes to there are 2 more than needed all you need to do is cap them off hope this helps

ps do you know anyone who is selling a top fairing bracket for the ace i could have one made but cant find the measurements for them

hi pal ive bought a yzf750 rad which fits perfectly and works the only difference being is the feeder holes where you connect your pipes to there are 2 more than needed all you need to do is cap them off hope this helps

ps do you know anyone who is selling a top fairing bracket for the ace i could have one made but cant find the measurements for them

sorry forgot to mention you need a rad from a 1995 yzf 750 as its the curved rad thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)