This is just Wrong!.....

YamaHead
This post is 6491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

b3_1_b.JPG

Although, it would be fun to taunt the Hardley boys from light to light with this thing :lol:

I'm sure they'd take great offense to getting beat by a 250! :shock: :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hell, if they wanna ride feet first that's up to them, the only time you'll catch me doin it is in my coffin! :wink:

At least they had the sense to use a Yam though!

Yeah, If I were to build a chopper :roll: .......it would have to be around a Yam Stroker motor 8) .......ya ever notice how truely annoyed Hardley riders get when a Stroker is running nearby? :twisted:

Reminds me of a T-shirt I once saw......had a picture of 2 Hardley rider's in front of a Sportbike rider @ a traffic light.......the caption read:

"If You're Gonna Ride A Couch.....You Might as Well Stay Home" 8) :lol:

• 3 months later...

I was out on the old 400C a couple of months back, 2 guys on Harleys were hogging the fast lane at 100 kph. I knocked down a gear and screamed through between the noise giving them both a fright as they couldn't hear this old oldthing approaching.

My 14 year old nephew was on the back and still thinks it's the funniest experience he has had.

I was riding in to work one day on my RZ350 with all my flash sportbike gear on and caught up to about 20 Harleys riding 2 abreast all wearing some club colours. While hoping to find a way past (we were on a busy 2 lane rural highway) we went by 20 or so more who had stopped to wait for them. They tagged on the back and theres me all alone in the middle of a sea of straight pipes and black leather. Laughed my ass off for the next ten miles hoping the ones behind me were enjoying the smell of Motul more than I was enjoying the earthquake in front of me. As much as I wanted to, self preservation kept me from having a run down the middle.

• 1 year later...

I was riding in to work one day on my RZ350 with all my flash sportbike gear on and caught up to about 20 Harleys riding 2 abreast all wearing some club colours. While hoping to find a way past (we were on a busy 2 lane rural highway) we went by 20 or so more who had stopped to wait for them. They tagged on the back and theres me all alone in the middle of a sea of straight pipes and black leather. Laughed my ass off for the next ten miles hoping the ones behind me were enjoying the smell of Motul more than I was enjoying the earthquake in front of me. As much as I wanted to, self preservation kept me from having a run down the middle.

Sounds like you were headed to Port Dover, buddy.

That is normal there and the the hundreds of heavily armed cops to look at.

What fun.

• 2 months later...

man, i burned a hardly on the freeway with my KH400... sure, it's not a yamaha stroker (no reeds :( ) but it still whizzed by. downshifted to hit powerband. he thought he was gonna pass me in the right hand lane, and got sooo mad when i took off that he passed the car in front of him by using the merging traffics on ramp/acceleration lane. by that time, i slowed down... i like bursts of speed, even extended bursts of speed... but i know where to back off to avoid cops in my area.

My RD400F works great for similar taunting escapades. :D

well, both being strokers, and of similar displacement.... it really isn't all that surprising. twin VS triple... do the RD series bikes have reed valves? i was under the impression that yamaha used them pretty widely on their 2 stroke bikes.

do the RD series bikes have reed valves? i was under the impression that yamaha used them pretty widely on their 2 stroke bikes.

Yep....most RD's have reeds....except the early 70's R5's (pre-RD) strokers that were piston-port. ;)

• 4 months later...
Guest Yam100RX-S

Shog Ive noticed you type "hardly" instead of "Harley?" Must be a reason as you've done it every post!! LoL

Is it meant to represent the sentence "Hardly a real bike?" LoL

Shog Ive noticed you type "hardly" instead of "Harley?" Must be a reason as you've done it every post!! LoL

Is it meant to represent the sentence "Hardly a real bike?" LoL

You're close.......it refer's to the name Hardley Ableson.....aka Hardly Able to be a Motorbike! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online